You will get to know the answers and reasons why Nigeria is called the giant of Africa in this article. If you are student doing research, project or even a debate on the topic, below are 13 convincing reasons why Nigeria is truly the “Giant of Africa”.
- Nigeria is the most populous black nation in Africa and on earth with about 180 million people in terms of population. She also doubles as the 8th most populous country in the world after China, India, USA, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, and Russia respectively.
- Nigeria was said to be the second largest economy in Africa during Former President Goodluck Jonathan’s regime with an annual GDP of $400 million.
- Lagos state which is in Nigeria is the sixth largest urban centre in the world and the largest city in Africa.
- Nigeria is the only African country listed among the “Next Eleven” economies poised to become the biggest economies in the 21st century.
- The Nigerian economy is the 4th fastest growing economies in the world.
- Without doubt, Nigeria has the largest university educated population in Africa.
- Nigeria is the only nation in Africa’s with the most prosperous middle class of about 50 million people.
- Nigeria is on the list of top 10 strongest and most powerful military forces in Africa.
- Nigeria holds the record as the first black country in Africa and in the world where cars are manufactured locally.
- Nigeria is the first black country to launch a space satellite.
- Nigeria has the fastest growing construction industry in the world.
- Nigeria is seen as the leader in the centre of Africa’s foreign policy and has been playing a leadership role in Africa’s economy and politics, providing support and assistance where and when needed.
- Finally, Nigerians are the most traveled people in the world than any other country in Africa. Do you know that there are Nigerians in every country on planet earth?
With the above 13 reasons, I believe you will be convinced that Nigeria truly deserves the “Giant of Africa” title more than any country in Africa.