Being a Minister in Nigeria is not an easy task. Ministers are members of the Executive Cabinet of Nigeria headed by the President of the federation. This post exposes the full salary structure of Nigerian ministers in Buhari’s cabinet, and all allowances acrued to them.
This information on salaries of Nigeria’s ministers appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari is put out for public consumption. Currently there are only 19 ministers in the Cabinet of Nigeria. See the names and portfolios of all ministers in Nigeria here
As earlier said, you will get to know the breakdown of the salaries of ministers in Nigeria as agreed by the Revenue Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) guided by the Remuneration Act of 2007. All the ministers will be paid a remuneration of N487 million annually.
Below is the Breakdown of the Salaries of Nigerian Ministers
- Basic salary of Nigerian Ministers is N2,026,400 (₦168,866:66 per month)
- Car Refueling and Service is N1,519,000
- Domestic Staff is N1519,000
- Entertainment is N911,800
- Utilities cost N607,920.
- Personal Assistant allowance is N506,600
- Monitoring allowance is N405,280
- Newspaper allowance is N303,960.
- Leave Allowance is N202,640.
- Tour duty allowance is N35,000.
- Estacode allowance is $900 per night
- Housing allowance is N4,052,800.
- Furniture allowance is N6,079,200.
- Motor Vehicle loan is N8,105,600.
The amount listed above is paid to the various ministers on yearly basis while the Ministers of State are paid 88% of what the regular ministers collects. One thing to note is that It this crop of current ministers in Nigeria were paid higher than former ministers in previous administrations due to the current economic downturn which necessitated the increase in the renumeration package of the Nigerian ministers.