Kettles are among the simplest of household appliances in Nigeria. Their simplicity is never underestimated, in that our hot teas would have been cold without them. Just as the pots is in all kitchens irrespective of the type, this home electronic appliance called kettle has also featured together with the pots in all homes.
From this, you can see how kettles is very significant to our daily lives, and as such this piece will be more excessive on their prices. This article will be detailed on the how much do electric kettles cost in Nigeria today.
How Electric Kettles Work
Electric Kettles is one of the types of kettles around in the market. It uses electricity to power itself and run the appliance. The mode of operation of this home appliance is very simple; By looking inside an electric kettle, you’ll see, at the very bottom of the water container, a coil of thick metal called the heating element.
When the kettle is plug in an electrical outlet, a large electric current flows into this heating element. The resistance of the heating element (which is its tendency to stop electricity flowing through) turns the electrical energy into heat, and this make the element gets hot. This heating element has direct contact with cold water inside the kettle, and the heat passes to the water by conduction and rapidly it increases in temperature to become hotter.
An electric kettle does not consume a lot of electricity. The average kettle uses about 0.1 kWh of electricity to boil a 1.5 litres of water for 3 minutes. That’s around 2p every time you boil a full kettle. So in making a decision for an electric kettle, also have plans for the electric power.
Why Buy An Electric Kettle?
An electric kettle uses the electric power to put great value to your kitchen. It is that appliance that is readily when you want to boil water, make tea, instant noodles (Maggi), coffee, hot chocolate, soup etc. All this is a simple task so far you have electricity in your house.
In terms of choice, electric kettle is more preferred and beneficial compared to a conventional kettle. One of the reasons for this is that most electric kettles turn off automatically once threshold boiling point temperature is reached. The case is much different in conventional kettle as they produces a shrill noise that may be quite disturbing. Additionally, an electric kettle can heat or boil quickly compared to a conventional stove or kettle. By the use of electricity, it is specially designed to boil water very rapid.
Things To Consider While Choosing the Best Electric Kettle
Before buying a good kettle that is perfectly fine, there are lots of factors you need to consider. These factors influences your choice and also determines the cost of the product you want to buy. Some of the intricate things to take into consideration are:
The brand here means which company produces the product. The Electric Kettle you want to buy should be from trusted brand or to put it clear a well known brand. This ensures quality of materials used in making the kettle, rather than buying a dummy thing. You should also get to know whether this brand’s product is well equipped and serviceable, which makes it easily accessible. In Nigeria, a good number of popular brands like Binatone, Scanfrost and Nasco are reliable.
Capacity or Size
The Electric Kettle comes in various classification which include size, color and shape. It may also be too large or small. So you need to choose from the broad specification, based on your requirements. The capacity of the kettle should also be taken note of, so as to know the quantity of water you need to boil in one go.
The average kettle which hold 1.5 litres of water, uses about 0.1 kWh of electricity to boil for 3 minutes. That’s around 2p every time you boil a full kettle. Time taken by the kettle to complete boiling should not be much. As such, the lower the boiling time, the more efficient the Kettle will be.
Appearance and Shape
The appearance of the Kettle should also be considered before choosing a kettle for a buy. An attractive kettle with good style and colour will be alluring to always use in boiling your tea every day. Also, the product you have to buy should be easy to use.
This is the main thing here as it determines whether you will get the product. The electric kettle you want to buy should be value for price it is. Cheaper ones may be as good as expensive ones, it’s just for you to get reviews about the product and know which will make your choose. It’s important to always select the best product which does not make you empty your pockets after buying the kettle.
Considering these factors, let’s take a gander at the current prices of electric kettles in the country’s market. After knowing the cost, do grab these worthy buys.
Current Prices of Electric Kettles in Nigeria (2021)
Below is the rundown of the different brands of electric kettles and their respective price in the country;
- Electric Kettle-2.2L — ₦ 3,420 – ₦ 4,000
- Electric Kettle-2.2L — ₦ 3,800 – ₦ 4,200
- Jumyrich Whistling And Automatic Kettle 4 Liters — ₦ 5,400 – ₦ 12,000
- Daewoo Electric Kettle DEK 1220 — ₦ 5,650 – ₦ 7,100
- Binatone 1.7-Litre Deluxe Thermo Kettle (High Speed) CEJ-1799DW — ₦ 10,070 – ₦ 18,000
- Electric Kettle – Silver.-5.5 Litres — ₦ 7,400 – ₦ 12,500
- Russell Hobbs Buckingham Kettle — ₦ 9,400 – ₦ 13,000
- Scanfrost SFKE18 Kettle Black — ₦ 15,750 – ₦ 16,000
- Super Crown Electric Kettle — ₦ 7,500 – ₦ 15,000
- Nasco 1.7 Ltrs Electric Stainless Kettle – KES 1708 — ₦ 4,700 – ₦ 5,700
- Russell Hobbs Sleek 1.7L Electric Jug Kettle – Quiet Boil — ₦ 9,500 – ₦ 17,000
- Binatone Electric Jug 2 Litres – CEJ-2005 – Black — ₦ 5,700 – ₦ 9,139
- UKA Electric Kettle – 1.8 Litres- LB-KA1901 – Silver & Black — ₦ 4,369 –₦ 4,599
- Crown Star Quality Fancy 3L Kettle — ₦ 6,000 – ₦ 9,000
- Nasco KEC-1798A Electric Plastic Kettle With Filter – 1.7 Litres — ₦ 4,300 –₦ 4,800
- Syinix 1.7L Electric Kettle CLD-1703 – Red — ₦ 7,490
- Binatone 4 Litre Stainless Steel Water Kettle SSK 4005- Grey —₦ 13,290 – ₦ 15,980
- Kinelco Quality 5.5L Electric Kettle Kinelco — ₦ 8,800 – ₦ 10,000
- Kinelco Electric Kettle — ₦ 4,500
- Jumyrich Electric Kettle Whistling And Automatic Kettle 4 Liters — ₦ 5,450 – ₦ 9,000
- Super Crown Electric Kettle — ₦ 3,300 – ₦ 3,800
- Kinelco 5.5 liters Electric Kettle — ₦ 8,520 – ₦ 12,000
- Binatone CEJ-1780 Electric Jug – White
- M — ₦ 7,505 – ₦ 7,900
- Binatone Eletric Jug Kettle —₦ 10,000 – ₦ 12,000
That’s the prices of popular brands of electric kettles in the Nigerian market. However, due to factors that influences the cost of these appliances in an area, the above stated price list may differ slightly from what is obtained. But this will give you a clue on knowing the region which electric kettle cost.
That’s the size of this write-up on the prices of electric kettles in Nigeria currently. We believe you are not still oblivious of how much these products cost in the market. You can buy electric kettles in markets, stores and online shops. A good number of online stores like Jumia and Konga has a broad stock of electric kettles. You can use any of these mediums to get your preferred kettle.