In a recent survey report, Nigeria currently ranks as the 2nd country with the highest sales of drinks and beverages. With millions of patronisers and buyers, it is no suprise that a vast number of people enquire about the price of current beverages in Nigeria.
We’ll try to strike a balance on this, as we would outline the various beverage product classification and their respective prices all in this writeup.
A beverage is any type of drink (excluding water) that is consumable. Soft drinks, milks, beer, malts, and juices are all classified as beverages. Beverage are of two category – Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic.
Alcoholic are those beverage that contain at any rate 0.5 – 75% liquor. Examples are Beer, Wine, Champagne, Beer, Whiskey, Brandy, and so on. While, Non-Alcoholic beverage are drinks that don’t contain any type of inebriating substance, they are for the most part sweet carbonated drinks and juices. This type of beverage are seen a the real one, example includes various soft drinks, minerals, juices, carbonated drinks, syrups, and nonalcoholic malts.
CURRENT PRICES OF BEVERAGES IN NIGERIA (2021)
Below is the comprehensive wide specification of various beverages available in the country’s market, and their respective prices:
PRICES OF SOFT DRINKS IN NIGERIA
Soft drink is a type of beverage. Here are the current prices of soft drink beverages in Nigeria:
- Bigi Apple Plastic Bottle Drink 600ml X 12pcs: N1,000 – N2,000
- Bigi Tropical Soft Drink 600ml X 12: N1,000 – N2,000
- Bigi Cola Plastic Taste Squad X12: N1,000 – N2,200
- Real Lemon Juice (480z) 100%: N2,500 – N3,000
- CapriSun 40 Pouches Variety Pack Juice: N7,500 – N8,500
- RC Cola 50CL Drink -12 Plastic Bottles of 50 CL: N1,000 – N1,500
- Ribena Blackcurrants With Vitamins C: N2,000 – N3,000
- Ribena Blackcurrant Juice (125ml): N1,200 – N1,500
- La Casera Apple 50cl X12: N1,000 – N1,200
- Sprite 60cl X12: N1,200 – N1,500
- Fanta Orange 60cl X12: N1,200 – N1,500
- Coca-Cola Coke 60 CL X 12: N1,200 – N1,500
- Teem Bitter Lemon – 12 Bottles in a Pack: N1,000 – N1,500
- Coca-Cola 5Alive Pulpy Orange Fruit Drink 35cl X 6pcs: N1,500 – N2,000
- Mirinda Orange Plastic Bottles 12 Packs of 50cl: N1,000 – N1,500
- Pepsi Drink 12 in 1: N1,000 – N1,500
- 7Up Drink 12 Bottles In 1 Pack: N1,000 – N1,500
PRICE OF MILK DRINKS
Milk drink is a another type of beverage. Here are the current prices of this beverages in Nigeria:
- Viju Milk Drink X 12 Bottles: N3,000 – N3,500
- CWay Nutri-milk X12 Bottles: N3,000 – N3,500
- Vitamilk Soya Milk Drink X 12 Bottles: N4,000 – N5,000
- Peak Evaporated Milk X 48: N8,000 – N9,000
- Hollandia Plain Sweetness Yoghurt (135ml) X12: N2,000 – N3,000
- Hollandia Evaporated Full Cream Milk (65ml) X 48: N4,000 – N5,000
- Hollandia Yoghurt Drink Strawberry (1L) X 10: N5,000 – N6,000
PRICES OF MALT DRINKS
Below are the current prices of malt drink beverages in Nigeria:
- Maltina Pet Plastic Bottles X12: N1,500 – N2,000
- Malta Guinness Canned Drink X12: N2,500 – N3,000
- Dubic Canned Malt X 24: N3,000 – N3,500
- Dubic Malta Pet X 12: N2,000 – N2,500
- Trophy Canned Grand Malta (Low Sugar) X 24: N3,000 – N3,500
- Amstel Malta Canned (Low Sugar) X 24: N3,500 – N4,000
- Amstel Malta Plastic (Low Sugar) X 12: N2,500 – N3,000
PRICE OF ENERGY BEVERAGE DRINKS
Energy drink is a type of beverage. Here are the current prices of energy drinks in Nigeria:
- Ribena Blackcurrant Juice (125ml) X 16: N1,000 – N1,500
- Lucozade Boost Regular Drink (125ml) X 16: N1,000 – N1,500
- Ribena Blackcurrant Concentrate (1.5 Litres): N1,500 – N2,000
- Ribena Blackcurrant (150ml) X 4: N3,000 – N3,500
- Power Horse Energy Drink (250ml) X 24: N8,000 – N9,000
- Red Bull Energy Drink (250ml) X 24: N8,000 – N9,500
- Vitabiotics Wellwoman Vitamin Drink (250ml) X 6: N5,000 – N6,000
PRICES OF NON-ALCOHOLIC WINE BEVERAGES
Here are the current prices of nonalcoholic wine drinks in Nigeria:
- Pure Heaven Non-alcoholic Wine (75cl): N1,000 – N1,500
- Light Live Non-alcoholic Red Wine (75cl): N1,000 – N1,500
- Chamdor Sparkling Non-alcoholic Wine (75cl): N1,000 – N1,500
- Eva Eva-Non-alcoholic Wine (75cl): N1,000 – N1,500
- Devina Sparkling Non-alcoholic Wine (75cl): N1,000 – N1,500
- Casa Dorada Non- alcoholic red NA (6x75cl) – 4,510
PRICES OF BEER IN NIGERIA
Beers are also classified as beverages. Here are the current prices of popular beer beverages in Nigeria:
- Guinness Can Drink – 1 Pack (24 Cans) – N5,500 – N6,000
- Gulder Can Drink – 1 Pack (24 Cans) – N3,500 – N4,500
- Harp Can Drink – 1 Pack (24 Cans) – N3,000 – N4,000
- Heineken Can Drink – 1 Pack (24 Cans) – N4,500 – N5,000
- Root Can Drink – 1 Pack (24 Cans) – N4,500 – N5,000
- Smirnoff Can Drink – 1 Pack (24 Cans) – N6,000 – N7,000
- Star lager beer bottle | 60cl (x12)-₦3,600.00
- Star lager beer can | 33cl (x24)-₦3,600.00
- Gulder beer bottle | 60cl (x12)-₦3,600.00
- Gulder beer bottle | 60cl (x12)-₦4,800.00
- Goldberg premium lager beer bottle | 60cl (x12)-₦3,000.00
- Guinness foreign extra (big) stout bottle | 60cl (x12)-₦6,000.00
- Guinness foreign extra (small) stout bottle | 33cl (x24)-₦6,000.00
- 33 export lager beer bottle | 60cl (x12)-₦3,000.00
- Castle lager beer lite bottle | 37.5cl (x12)-₦2,200.00
- 33 export lager beer can | 33cl (x24)-₦5,800.00
- Harp premium beer | 60cl (x12)-₦3,300.00
- Heineken beer bottle | 60cl (x12)-₦4,800.00
- Heineken beer can | 33cl (x24)-₦4,800.00
- Legend extra stout | 60cl (x12)-₦4,000.00
- Legend extra stout bottle | 33cl (x12)-₦2,500.00
- Life continental lager beer | 60cl (x12)-₦3,000.00
- Orijin bottle | 45cl (x18)-₦4,500.00
- Orijin can | 33cl (x24)-₦4,200.00
- Savanna dry premium cider | 33cl (x6)-₦2,260.00
- Star Radler lemon drink | 45cl (x20)-₦3,000.00
- Trophy premium lager beer can | 50cl (x24)-₦4,800.00
- Strongbow apple cider gold apple | 33cl (x24)-₦5,400.00
- Trophy premium lager beer can | 50cl (x24)-₦4,800.00
However, Please note that these prices are up-to-date as at when this post was updated. As market commodities, the price may alter at any time. We will in response to this, reflect the changes here as we aim to give the current prices of beverages in Nigeria.
WHERE TO BUY BEVERAGES IN NIGERIA
Beverages are popular drinks and are available in anywhere in the country. Below is the rundown of where to get them in Nigeria, both online or super marts.
Supermarkets: Even the small street vendors sell beverages, how much more the more sophisticated shops. Beverages are available in both retail and consumer sale at any major supermarket nationwide. From the soft drinks, minerals to beers, all are much in stock and at a considerate price at Supermarkets, markets and international shops in the country.
Online Stores: On the online aspect, Jumia as a mainstream internet business store, offers the range of beverage products for sell in Nigeria. They sell a wide assortment of things including drinks and beverages.
The advantage of this medium is that it does not have much stress as all you need to do is just a click and your products will be delivered.
A lot of other online stores who sells beverages are also available. You can discover a lot brands of these drinks on their site.
BENEFITS OF BEVERAGES
It is essential to know that there are a few drinks that beverages is not just for the taste and enjoyment, there are also advantages of it to support your general wellbeing. These includes;
- Brings Down Obesity or Body Weight
Obesity is an excess body weight or fatness, and the consumption of beverage (especially red wine) can help mitigate such situation. It has been recently found that people who take two glasses of wine day by day are 40% less likely to get obesed.
- Calcium: Strengtening the Bones
Drinking a beverage like milks a good source of protein and is very helpful to supplement the health of bone and teeth calcium. This specific supplement is essential for fortifying bones just as teeth. Calcium is additionally significant in forestalling bone conditions like osteoporosis and joint inflammation.
Drinking milk routinely brings about better joints, hands and teeth and strengthens them against fraction.
- Improve Blood Flow
Drinking juice of beverage that contains pomegranate helps blood flow in the body. Since blood flow is a principal body work, upgrading it viably helps the majority of the procedures in the body, like protecting against skin infections (dermatitis) and other health benefits.
Nevertheless, just as most beverages are very beneficial to the body, a few others like alcohol and wine also have negative impacts. Alcoholic beverages are addictive and makes someone to be drunk if consumed excessively. Also, sugary beverage are not good for excessive consumption by adults, as it may bring about diabetics.
In this article, examining the cost of beverages in Nigeria today was our aim. We’ve so far covered that, and also expounded about beverages and what benefits it gives to human health.