Just like the Nigerian Police, Airforce and Army, the new Nigerian naval officers salary range is paid according to their ranks from the lowest to the highest. The highest rank in the Nigerian Navy is the Admiral of the fleet while the lowest of its commissioned officer is mid-ship man.
For those interested in joining the Nigerian Navy either through their direct short service course (DSSC) or their short service course (SSC), you must be aware of the various ranks and how much a Naval personnel earn monthly or yearly?.
As with other Nigerian armed forces, there are benefits attached aside the monthly salaries paid to men and officers in the Navy. These benefits given to Naval officers ensure that they are taken care of as they protect the territorial waters of the nation.
If you are interested in joining the Nigerian Navy, its best you visit their recruitment portal which is www.joinnigeriannavy.com. After you register, you are to fill a recruitment form and possibly take a test and if you are on the successful list of those that passed the Nigerian navy exams, you have the opportunity of being selected at the interview.
Navy training usually takes 6 months before your rank is being assigned to you. Well, know that salaries in the Nigerian Navy is paid according to ranks. The command frowns at lobbying your way in but this is still prevalent in almost every nook and cranny in the country.
We have listed below the ranks of commissioned officers of the Nigerian navy and the salary structures of senior officers in the Navy.
Nigerian Navy Ranks (Commissioned officers)
Below are the Ranks in the Nigerian Navy
- Admiral of the Fleet. He might be also called grand admiral. The title refers to the naval officer of the highest rank.
- Admiral. It is usually connected with the Chief of Naval staff.
- Vice-Admiral. It is senior commissioned naval flag officer rank. It is the same as lieutenant general.
- Rear Admiral Commodore. He is a commissioned officer.
- Captain. He is one of the senior officers in Navy.
- Commander. It’s a middle naval category.
- Lieutenant. It refers to commissioned officer rank. Besides, it is usually the most senior of junior officers.
- Sub-Lieutenant. It is a deputy to the previous rank and subordinate to it.
- Mid-Shipman. It is someone, who is being trained to become a commissioned officer.
Salary Structure of the Nigerian Navy 2019
The exact information on Nigerian Navy salary structure for its lower ranked officers can’t be found online. This is because the new navy salary range has not yet been made public but a report from the Leadership Newspaper reveals what some high ranking Nigerian Naval officer collect as salary in a year currently.
- Admiral in the Nigerian Navy – N16,303,140
- Vice Admiral earns ₦13,363,229
- Real-Admiral earns ₦12,038,945
- Commodore earns ₦7,385,856
- Captain earns N3,715,859
- Commander earns ₦3,380,086
The figures above are the range accrued to these naval senior staff. Other military bodies in the country packages are almost similar to the above figures. Remember the motto/slogan of the naval command is “ONWARD TOGETHER”.
What is your take on the salary package of these naval officers rank listed above?