If you are seeking recruitment into the Nigerian Army via short service application, this post will provide useful information on the requirements of the Nigerian Army short service, how to apply, the official Nigerian Army E-Application recruitment portal/website and the Nigerian Army help lines.
The Nigerian Army is one of the three military arm of Nigeria and just like the Nigerian Navy and Air force, the Nigerian army also recruits able-bodied individuals to join the army through its short service application portal either as a direct short service combatant or a short service combatant. We covered the difference between DSSC and SSC here to clear the confusion.
Nigerian Army Short Service Application Program
The Nigerian Army short service application is a yearly exercise carried out by the Nigerian Army to recruit new officers (male and female) into the Nigerian army to serve as soldiers. Normally, the Nigerian Army short service form comes out during July or July of every year.
After filling the form, you might still need to wait for the Nigerian Army short service list to know if you qualified for the screening. If you are among the successful Nigerian army shortlisted candidates, know that you would undergo intensive military training for about 9 months or more.
Nigerian Army Short Service Requirements
There are some general requirements which over the years are used as a yardstick or better still you must met when filling the Nigerian army short service form.
Please note that these requirements are subject to change as the ones pointed out below have remained unchanged over the years.
Applicants for the Nigerian Army short service must:
- Possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (English and Mathematics inclusive).
- Be between the ages of 18 – 26 years
- Applicants must be single and of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Required height of 1.69 metres for Male and 1.68 metres for Female.
- Be medically and physically fit.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
- DSSC applicants must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Recommended by at least two recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
Nigerian Army Short Service Recruitment Portal and Help Lines
The official portal/website for e-application recruitment into the Nigerian army short service is http://www.nigerianarmyms.ng/.
Please, ignore any other website(s) claiming to belong to the Nigerian Navy for the recruitment exercise. If you would need to contact the Nigerian Army via email or phone number, below are the contact details
Tel: 09-8734009 between 0900 and 1700hrs from Mondays to Fridays.
E-mail: [email protected]
Help Lines: 07018447913, 07046349788
We will always keep you with up-to-date news or any information concerning the Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC recruitment once it is released.