NAFDAC is a federal government agency that regulates the administration of drugs and other food products in Nigeria. This organization has a lot of office and field employees who carry out the tasks of controlling the circulation of fake drugs and food products. Their workers are rated based on their ranks with the agency – from entry-level to the senior officers. In the course of this article, we will look at the salary structure of the different employees of the agency.
NAFDAC SALARY STRUCTURE: HOW MUCH THEY PAY THEIR STAFF
Are you looking for information on the amount the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control, NAFDAC pays their employees? If that’s the reason you stumbled on this page, then don’t get freaky as we have got you covered in the current salary structure of the federal agency.
However, most companies do not like the idea of disclosing the details of staff salary earnings. As such, they don’t make public the salary scale structure of their workers irrespective of the position. Representatives. Even as that’s the case, we have done some assessment of what this agency pays its employees according to their respective levels.
NAFDAC SALARY FOR YOUTH CORPERS (2022)
Youth corpers serving at NAFDAC aren’t paid salaries as other workers, hence they are not placed on salary structure at NAFDAC. This doesn’t mean that corp members that work at state’s NAFDAC headquarters aren’t paid allowances.
According to our research, youth corpers working at NAFDAC are paid ₦25,000 to ₦30,000 allowance on a monthly basis. This however depends on the state or region the corp member is posted and also the department he or she is serving under at the NAFDAC headoffice.
NAFDAC NEW AND ENTRY LEVEL EMPLOYEES SALARY (2022)
New employees of NAFDAC earn lower than other experienced workers who have been with the agency. Notwithstanding, the measure of salary acquired by the new entry level employees, the amount is certain to increase with advancement and long stretches of work experience.
The estimated current salary earned by new entry employees of NAFDAC is between the range of ₦70,000 to ₦90,000 every month after taxes (excluding allowances). If the worker is of a higher rank than the basic entry-level, his or her salary is improved to reflect the current level.
A NAFDAC Staff on GL 7 is paid ₦1,073,217 per annum. That is about ₦89,434 per month before benefits and duty allowances.
MONTHLY SALARY OF A NAFDAC STAFF AS PER LEVEL (2022)
Let’s look at how much NAFDAC employees earn on a month-to-month basis. This information is pertinent because the agency’s salary structure is the thing that most applicants want to know. Before applying for job positions in the agency, they want to have knowledge of the amount their staff earn on a monthly basis.
Like each and every health agency of the federal government, NAFDAC workers get pay through the CONRAISS pay scale. This is the same payment platform used for all the health agencies and departments of the federal government. Here is the breakdown of the salaries as per the level of the employees:
The sum of ₦1, 247, 854 is paid every year for a NAFDAC staff member on GL 8. This is ₦103, 987 per month, without derivations from insurance and tax assessment.
NAFDAC GL 7 workers get ₦1, 073,217 pay rates each year. This implies that he or she earns ₦89,434 every month without decreases for benefits or tax.
Other than the ordinary pay rates paid to workers of NAFDAC, they are qualified for explicit allowances. In any case, the higher you move up in your service with the agency, the more your salary pay will be increased.
In any case, these stipends rely upon explicit rules, for example, the service year, area, the position and rank of the person, and so on
That’s the view of the salary structure of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control. We believe you now have a picture of what their staff take home every month end.
AN OVERVIEW OF NAFDAC
NAFDAC is an acronym for the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control. As we have already said, this is a federal government agency that regulates the administration of drugs and food products in the country.
Moreover, NAFDAC is a government organization under the Federal Ministry of Health with duties of managing and controlling the manufacture, importation, exportation, promotion, appropriation, deal, and use of food, drugs, cosmetic products, medical equipment, synthetics, and sachet water. Their work covers the well-being of the consumer of these food and drug substances.
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) is under the Federal Ministry of Health and it’s a government body responsible for controlling and management of the production, trade, advertising, supply, marketing and usage of food, drugs, beautifying products, medical equipment, synthetic substances and treated water in Nigeria.
FUNCTIONS OF THE NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD AND DRUGS ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL
As we have already stated the job description of NAFDAC, let’s delineate more on that by giving the functions of the federal health agency. In this paragraph of the article, we will take a gander at the basic elements of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control.
They include the following:
- The work of the federal health agency is to collate uniform requirements, legislation, and administration for food, medicines, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals development, importation, manufacture, sale, and distribution.
- The drug regulatory agency also regulates the export of food, medicines, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals from Nigeria. The agency likewise provides certificates for these goods of quality assurance.
- The agency also conducts regular satisfactory checks and maintains conformity with uniform requirements established and accepted by the NAFDAC Council. This routine check will ensure successful quality control of food, medications, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled liquid, and chemicals.
- Another function of the federal health agency is to perform audits of imported foods, medicines, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals. They also develop a comprehensive program for quality assurance of food and drugs in the country.
ESSENTIAL ROLE OF NAFDAC
NAFDAC has diverse and important functions which they play in regulating drugs in the country. The Agency was approved by the necessities of its enabling decree to:
- Control or monitor the production, produce, manufacture, advertising, supply, selling and use of pharmaceutical goods, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled liquid, and chemical products
- The requirement also cover compilation of typical prerequisites, legislation, and instructions for food, medicines, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals development, manufacture, export, sale, and distribution
- NAFDAC also documents nutrition, medications, medical devices, bottled water, and chemical products in the country.
That’s the size of this article on the salary structure of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control, NAFDAC. So far in this article, Nigerian Infopedia have highlighted the amount this federal health agency pays their employees according to their ranks. We also give a shot on this drug regulatory agency, their functions and roles.