A large number of dependent educational institutions are linked to a reputable university. Several of the schools affiliated to the universities in this list are colleges of education, seminaries, theology schools as well as other degree awarding academic institutions. This article is a complete list of educational institutions in Nigeria that are associated with NUC certified universities.
NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES’ AFFILIATED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
The National Universities Commission issues licenses to all legal universities in Nigeria, for the purposes of this discussion (NUC). This is accomplished through a process known as accreditation. As a result, they are able to give degrees and diplomas without running afoul of the government.
However, there are several other institutions that issue degrees in association with some of the NUC-accredited universities. Nonetheless, we’ll go over them in a minute.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT AFFILIATE INSTITUTIONS APPROVED BY THE NUC
So here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to educational institutes that are linked with universities:
- Although they are not universities, students who enroll through them can earn degrees.
- They continue to operate their regular programs differently than the NUC-accredited degree-granting programs.
- Candidates interested in university-affiliated courses must take the same Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) as those on the major campuses.
- The parent schools of such institutions keep a careful eye on the degree-granting programs.
- Such approved programs may result in students receiving degrees from their parent university.
- Students may be eligible for the NYSC if their parent institutions submit their names to the organization.
- Furthermore, before enrolling in any degree-granting institution in Nigeria, check to determine if it is accredited or linked with a university. However, they are not included in the official list of NUC-accredited university associate institutions.
- Then you should keep an eye out for other universities that have received the NUC’s mark of approval on this subject.
In Nigeria, a number of colleges and universities offer degree programs on the campuses of other degree-granting institutions, such as polytechnics and colleges of education.
This is an agreement made between two tertiary education institutions that university programs will be held on their respective campuses rather than the university’s main campus. Please keep in mind that this is not a part-time program, but rather a regular degree program offered at the parent university on the same day. The main distinction is that the course is taught on a campus that is affiliated with it.
FULL LIST OF NUC APPROVED TERTIARY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AFFILIATED WITH UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA
Below is a rundown of approved affiliation of some Nigerian Universities with Colleges Of Education, Seminaries/Theological and other educational institutions:
UNIVERSITY OF ADO-EKITI
Here are the educational institutions affiliated with the University of Ado-ekiti:
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Noforija Epe Lagos
- Emanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo
- Kwara State College of Education, Oro
- Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education Otto, Ijanikin, Lagos
UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR
Institutions affiliated with the University of Calabar Include the following:
- Nigerian Christian Bible Church
- Reformed Theological Seminary, Mkar
- Catholic Institute of West Africa, P/Harcourt
- Essien Ukpabio Presbyterian College Itu, Akwa Ibom
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
Affiliated institutions with the University of Ibadan include the following:
- Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu
- Archbishop Vining College Of Theology, Akure
- Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) Theological Seminary, Ile-Ife.
- St. Octoberine’s College Of Education Akoka, Lagos
- Osun State College Of Education, Ilesa
- SS Peter And Paul Seminary, Bodija, Ibadan
- Immanuel College of Theology And Christian Education, Samonda, Ibadan
- Dominican Institute, Samonda, Ibadan
- ECWA Theological Seminary, Igbaja
- UMCA, Ilorin
- Nigeria Baptist Theological Seminary, Ogbomoso
UNIVERSITY OF JOS
Below are institutions affiliated with the University of Jos:
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- National Film Institute, Jos
UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI
Affiliated institutions with the University of Maiduguri are:
- Umar Ibn Ibrahim El-kanemi College of Education, Science and Technology, Bama
- College of Education, Azare, Bauchi State
- College of Education, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Gombe
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
University of Nigeria, Nsukka has institutions affiliated with them, which includes the following:
- St. Paul’s College, Awka
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri
- Yaba College of Technology Lagos
- College Of Education, Ikere-Ekiti (Regular)
- Spiritan Int’l School of Theology, Attakwu, Enugu
- Spiritan School of Philosophy, Issienu, Nsukka
- Trinity Theological College, Umuaiha
- West Africa Theological Seminary, Ipaja, Lagos
- College of Education, Nsugbe
- Digital Bridge Institute, Abuja
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
The institutions affiliated with the University of Port Harcourt are listed below:
- National Missionary Seminary of St. Paul, Gwagwalada, Abuja
- Methodists Theological institute, Umuahia
- Baptist College of Theology, Obinze, Owerri
UNIVERSITY OF UYO
Below are the institutions affiliated with the University of Uyo:
- St. Joseph Major Seminary, Ikot Ekpene
- Assemblies of God Divinity School, Old Umuahia
- The Apostolic Church Theological Seminary, Amumara
- The Samuel Bill Theological College, Abak
- Osun State College Of Education, Ila-Orangun (Regular)
USMAN DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO
The institutions recognized under Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto include the following:
- Niger State College of Education
- Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto
- Digital Bridge Institute, Abuja.
BAYERO UNIVERSITY KANO
Below are the educational institutions affiliated with Bayero University Kano:
- Federal College of Education, Katsina
UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN-CITY
Here are the institution affiliated with the University of Benin:
- Seminary of all Saints, Ekpoma
DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA
Delta State University has affiliated institutions which includes the following:
- College of Education, Warri
- College of Education, Agbor
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA
The following are the affiliated institutions with Federal University of Technology, Minna:
- Federal College of Education (Technical) Potiskum
IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI
Imo State University affiliated institutions include the following:
- Claretian Institute of Philosophy, Nekede
- Seat of Wisdom Seminary, Owerri
NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA
Institutions affiliated with Nnamdi Azikiwe University are as follows:
- Enugu State College Of Education (Technical), Enugu
- Pope John Paul II Major Seminary, Okpuno, Awka
The National Universities Commission (NUC) accredits all universities in Nigeria to offer degrees and diplomas. In addition, a number of other institutions that are affiliated with universities issue degrees.
NigerianInfopedia provides you with a list of Nigerian universities that have been approved for affiliation. If you are unable to locate one of the connected schools you desire to attend on this list, it is recommended that you do not attend such schools. As a result, degrees earned at such institutions may not be recognized in Nigeria for NYSC, academic, or career promotion purposes.