Do you intend on travelling to Japan for a visit, business or schooling? As many go to the country for this reason, a lot also prefer visiting to see the tourist attraction sites and the sand beaches that are more in numbers across Japan. For this reason, in this post we’ve elaborated the guide to get the Japan Visa, the requirements for the process and the Visa fees for Nigerians who intend on getting it.
Japan is a industrial country and sequel one of the leading industrial country in the world. Tokyo, its capital is known for its technology, the country is one of the lowest crime rates country to make it a destination for visitors.
This country is not big in area and its just an island located in the eastern part of Asia, filled with beautiful cities, royal palaces, mountain, national parks, plus the flock of shrines and temples to make the country what tourists prefer.
Japan is not in a uniform area, as it has thousands of islands within it borders which include the paradise islands of Okinawa which is mark by her beautiful beaches and tropical climate. When talking about skyscrapers, shopping, town planning, pop culture and industrialization, Tokyo is the city that stands out with the modern technological approaches made on the city.
Anyways, you can fulfill your dream about going to Japan to see more of all we highlighted about the country. This will be possible by having a Japan Visa and following the procedures to get your own official stamp on your passport.
Japanese Visa Fee for Nigerians (2020)
Visa fee varies from countries, as the fee for Nigerians may not be the same thing Ghanaians are paying for this visa. This does not exclude that certain countries are placed on visa fee by the Japanese authority.
The fee of the Japanese Visa in Nigeria is N8,350.
This fee is paid when you want to pick up you Visa when accepted. As such, if peradventure the visa is not issued, no fees will be required.
The Visa fee is paid only on cash and should be exactly the amount as there will be no time to change.
How to apply for Japan Visa in Nigeria
Here are steps to follow so as to send your application for a Japanese Visa;
Step 1: Download the Visa Application Form through PDF form no. 00124528.
Step 2: After downloading the application form, open it and carefully go through the form and made sure to provide all the details when filling it.
Step 3: Fill in your details in the space provided and be sure to give the date which will follow by signing your signature at the end.
Step 4: Select the type of visit you want to have in Japan which will be from the following categories:
- Short-term Business affairs.
- Visiting relatives: such as a spouse, blood relatives or members of your family.
- Visiting friends or acquaintance.
- Work or long-term stay
Step 5: After completing and filling the application form, you will be required to attach these document which will be used for later screening of the application:
- International passport which will not expire at least six months after, and unused visa pages.
- Two recently acquired passport-sized photograph.
- Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
- Letter of guarantee (that you are not running from your country of origin and is entitled to reenter the country)
- Letter of invitation (those travelling on tourism may not need to present the letter of invitation)
- Itinerary in Japan.
- Your hotel reservation or booking which will include the name and address and number of days you will spend fully on it.
- Flight booking details indicating the airline and departure and arrival dates in Japan.
- Your financial sustainability which is your basic travelling allowance. This should be enough to cover the duration of your stay in Japan.
- Bank account statement indicating your financial dealings and status for the last six months duly signed by the Bank.
- A letter of invitation will be required from business travellers, also needed is a copy of your certificate of incorporation and your business partner in Japan, certificate of incorporation, tax clearance certificate, proof of previous business dealings with the company in Japan. Other business related documents that may be required by the embassy will also be needed.
Before attaching the documents for the application, please ensure the documents are complete and properly filled so as to avoid disqualification and ensure speedy processing of your visa.
All the application and your documents should go to the embassy of Japan. This will be when all the appropriate documents are ready. The submission should go to the embassy of Japan located in Abuja and submit the application.
Payment of visa application fees will be applicable so as to use in running the process.
Where is Japan Embassy located in Nigeria?
Japan’s embassy in Nigeria is located in two cities: Lagos and Abuja.
The later, Abuja is located at No. 9 Bobo Street (off Gana Street) Maitama, Abuja. The Japanese trade office in Lagos is located at 1 floor (Road Wing) Foreshore Towers, 2A Osborne Road, Ikoyi.
All your application for the Japanese Visa should be sent to any of these embassy.
What to know about Japan Visa
- If you are scheduled to travel in two weeks, your Visa application should have been submitted a week before.
- There is no appointment to submit your completed visa application form.
- All documents that were required and is submitted should be genuine, original, completed and up to date.
- You’re to utilize your visa immediately after collection because after three months from issuance it will be invalid.
- If you didn’t use the visa within 3 months entails you will request for another visa.
- Holders who use Japan temporary visa are allowed to remain in the country for a maximum duration of 90 days.
Please take into cognizance that your submission of the application for visa should be done on these working days:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 8.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
Passport collection hours: Monday to Thursday at 3.00 p.m. to 3.45 p.m.
Friday 12.00p.m. to 12.30 p.m.
Before visiting Japan, take a survey about what is there, what is happening there so as to know everything about the country. By this, you will be conversant when there and your landing will not be stressful.
That’s our take on Japan Visa fees Nigerians are to pay before going to the Asian country.