Transcripts are one of the most important piece of academic documentation, as they contain information about your courses and grades that can be used to determine whether or not you are eligible for admission. This transcript comes with a slew of benefits. As a result, understanding how to obtain a transcript certificate is critical. Once you understand the steps, applying for and receiving University of Lagos transcript certificates is a breeze.
So, if you’re wondering how to get a transcript, we’ll answer your questions about how to apply for UNILAG transcripts, where to get them, and what documents you’ll need.
WHERE TO GET UNILAG TRANSCRIPTS?
It’s crucial to know who can give you with transcript certificates before learning how to apply for an academic transcript.
Whether you need official or unofficial transcripts will determine where you can obtain them. Let’s see how to obtain transcripts from the University of Lagos.
Transcripts are handled by the Registrar’s office at the University of Lagos. To obtain official transcripts, you must contact the registrar. Because transcripts are created after you have taken the final test, you will need to phone or visit the office to inquire about your transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts could be available on the web on the school’s website. You can simply download unofficial transcripts by logging into your student account. Most colleges abroad, on the other hand, do not accept unofficial transcripts, which is why you must apply for academic admission.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR UNILAG TRANSCRIPTS
You will have to submit a few documents required for transcript along with the application. Apart from basic student details you may be asked for the following documents.
- Your Names (Surname and Other Names)
- Matric No.
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Name of Parents/Guardians
- Phone Number
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree Obtained University Diploma
- First Degree Higher Degrees Others
- Educational Record(s)
- Date of Graduation
- Year of Entry
- Year of Graduation
- Present Permanent Address
- Completed Application Form
- Receipt of Payment of Required Fees
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO APPLY FOR UNILAG TRANSCRIPTS?
Let’s talk about how to get an academic transcript from the University of Lagos. The procedures for obtaining a transcript certificate are straightforward yet time-consuming. To ensure that your transcripts arrive in time for admission to other universities, you should apply at least one month ahead of time.
This is because, transcripts are only issued when the student’s records have been validated. Hence, the procedure takes a long time. You must first inquire about the school’s transcript policy by contacting the admissions office.
The processes for obtaining UNILAG Transcripts via electronic medium, the internet, are as follows.
Take a glance at the procedure to apply for transcripts yourself:
- To begin, go to the institution’s official website, www.unilag.edu.ng, and log in to the student portal.
- When it opens, select Academic Transcript, Student Copy from the drop-down menu. It will take you to a page where you must select a program.
- Following your program selection, you will be required to make an online payment of ₦1,000. You can make the payment using your debit card or at any recognized commercial bank in your area.
The transcript will be delivered to your email address after you have made payment. Transcripts can also be picked up in person or mailed by students from the institution’s related office. You will be asked about your preferred method of acquiring a transcript certificate when you apply for one.
Please note that you can visit the online portal at any time during the same payment session to get multiple copies of the same student copy transcript without having to pay any extra charges. Students who wish to acquire a copy of their transcript can now apply for one. The process indicated above should be followed by all interested students.
HOW YOU CAN TRACK YOUR UNILAG TRANSCRIPT
Simply follow these instructions to track your UNILAG transcript after submitting your transcript request:
- Applicants should use the UNILAG portal to follow the status of their applications by clicking “Track Applications” and then “View Details” to see the tracking details and delivery date.
- The email address you provided in your application will be used to provide you updates on the progress of your application (at each stage of the process).
- Once your application has been processed and finalized, your tracking number will be available on the portal. You can get it by checking the status of your application on the portal.
- To monitor an application, go to the website of the courier service provider, such as DHL, UPS, PEACOCK, or Fedex, and enter the tracking number.
Please note that applications needing NIPOST or scanning/upload to an official permitted email address/website do not have a tracking number. Please keep in mind that the student copy of the transcript is only accessible for results from the 2009/2010 academic year.
COST OF OBTAINING UNILAG TRANSCRIPT (2022)
Let’s look at the fees required to obtain a transcript from the University Of Lagos.
- Within Lagos — ₦3,000
- Outside Lagos, within Nigeria — ₦5,000
- Transcript — ₦10,000
- Extra Copies of Transcript — ₦1,000
- Statement of Result — ₦5,000
- Certified True Copy — ₦5,000
- Attestation — ₦5,000
- Verification of Result — ₦5,000
- To Whom It May Concern — ₦5,000
This implies that you will have to budget at least twenty thousand naira (₦20,000) for you to be able to get your transcript from the University of Lagos.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET UNILAG TRANSCRIPT?
Transcripts are typically issued one to four weeks after the application is submitted. Students at the University of Lagos can also fast track their applications if they need their transcripts right away. An additional fee may be necessary in such circumstances. Incomplete or erroneous information in your application is one of the most typical causes of transcript delays.
So be sure you don’t enter erroneous information or rush through the application without filling out all of the required fields. This is why you should apply as soon as possible to ensure that you have ample time to make up for any delays.
It might be tough to apply to schools and institutions. If you previously attended multiple colleges, you should expect the procedure to take longer because you will need to contact each one and acquire the required academic information.
You don’t have to be concerned about getting your transcripts as long as you know how to obtain a transcript certificate and a sample academic transcript. We described the procedure for obtaining a transcript from the University of Lagos in this article. This insight, I believe, will be quite beneficial to you.