There is a phenomenon known as hyperpigmentation. This is usually caused by sun damage and overproduction of melanin, a protein responsible for dark skin colouration. One major cause of hyper-pigmentation is skin sensitivity and sun damage. This is sometimes made manifest with dark spots, scars, blemishes and skin discolourations. To get rid of these, you need a lightening cream.
Organic lightening creams are much of preference here because their cosmetic counterparts are not good for skin health. Sometimes, harsh chemicals are used to produce some of the bleaching creams we see in the market today. Research has shown that some of the ingredients of the majority of most bleaching creams are quite carcinogenic (cancer-causing).
The Dangers Of Using Chemical Skin Lightening Creams
As stated earlier, there are some dangerous chemical ingredients that are constituents of cosmetic bleaching creams. They are responsible for the majority of the mal skin health issues we know today.
There are two major constituents of most inorganic bleaching creams. They are hydroquinone and mercury. Scientific research has proven that long term use of these creams with these ingredients can prove to be fatal in the long run.
Natural ingredients, on the other hand, are very effective and work well by:
- They absorb very harmful UV rays that comes from the sun.
- Organic ingredients help reduce or at most prevent the production of melanin in the skin which is responsible for hyperpigmentation.
Another very good thing about the ingredients used in producing organic lightening cream is that they are natural and inexpensive.
Ingredients Needed In Making Organic Lightening Cream
- Half a cup of plain yoghurt, curd can also be used in this case.
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 4 sweet almonds or 6 grams of almond flour
- A pinch of turmeric powder
All these above-mentioned ingredients are effective in helping you get natural lightened skin. You have a guarantee of the best results when you combine them together. Sometimes you won’t just get a whitening or lightening effect, but also a moisturizing effect.
Procedures For Making Natural Organic Lightening Cream
Step 1: Get your 6 whole unsalted almonds and Grind in a food processor. You have to crush the nuts until they form a smooth and fine powder. Take note that if you blend almonds for too long, you would end up with almond butter.
Step 2: Now that you have your ground almonds, mix the powder with yoghurt, honey, and turmeric powder and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Step 3: Stir until you have a well-blended cream.
Step 4: Put your cream in a container and store in a fridge. Take note that the shelf life of your mixture is just seven days.
Step 5: Every night, Massage the cream on your body before going to bed.
Almonds contain a lot of Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that prevents sun damage that can lead to dark skin or skin patches. It is better to use this cream in the night because can make your skin overly sensitive to the UV rays of the sun.
Yoghurt is very rich in lactic acid, this aid in skin exfoliation and lightening of dark spots in the skin. Honey also contains antioxidants just like the almond ingredient. They help to prevent sun damage that can darken your skin. Finally, Lemon juice contains a lot of vitamin C, that helps to slow down and inhibit the production of melanin., melanin is a big game player in skin hyperpigmentation.
Lemon Whitening Cream
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of unsweetened, organic yoghurt
- 3 drops of rose water
Procedures For Making Lemon Whitening Cream
Step 1: The first step involves mixing lemon juice and yoghurt. Add one tablespoon full of lemon juice and one cup of organic yoghurt in a bowl. Stir the mixture till it is well blended.
Step 2: Pour in the rose water
Step 3: Move your cream into a jar and refrigerate. Put the cream into an airtight container and store in a refrigerator. The reason for this is that the cream contains yoghurt. So, therefore, it should stay fresh for about 1 to 2 weeks. If you notice signs of mould, throw it away.
For better results, apply the cream in the evening, every night. The reason for this is that Lactic acid makes the skin to be more sensitive to sunlight. Massage the mixture gently on your skin before you go to bed. When you wake in the morning, you then wash it off with warm water.
- Most skin types, tend to be more sensitive to lactic acid and vitamin C. If you know you have sensitive skin, it’s better that you introduce the cream to your skin gradually by using it every other night a few times a week. This would be pending till your skin gets used to other ingredients.
- Ensure that you wash away the cream in the morning with warm water.
Preparing organic lightening cream from shea butter and essential oil
Here is a list of Essential oils which can be used in this organic lightening cream:
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- Organic carrot oil
- Organic neem oil
- Organic turmeric oil
- Organic papaya oil
- Organic sandalwood oil
- Organic pineapple extract oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
Method of Preparation
- Put together the Shea butter and the coconut oil in a mixing bowl
- Now, proceed to melt using in a microwave or by boiling for a few minutes. Endeavour to see that the oil is not too hot.
- Once the mixture has fully melted, measure the temperature
- Now, add the essential oils to the mixture and stir them properly, and ensure that they are well mixed.
- Cover it and place it in a refrigerator for over an hour until the oil mixture has become a little hardened.
- Remove it from the refrigerator and keep whipping until it you get a very fluffy feel.