Although a little may be heard of Sweden in Nigeria, but surprisingly the country is one of the best places to look for job and get employed. This is supported with the fact that the country is an industrialised one, hence creating job opportunities even for foreigners like Nigerians. Sweden is situated on the Scandinavian Peninsula in upper northern Europe and it’s regarded as one of the most important countries in this region.
Sweden can be deduced as a place where everything works, therefore, looking for a job there might not be an odd fact. In this article, we will help you to go through the process, by giving a guide on how to get a job in Sweden from Nigeria easily.
Swedish is the official language spoken by most people living in this country. In terms of job opportunities, Sweden is good country with lots of employment opportunities and job openings. The European Country has a considerable standard of living with a relatively good living conditions where everything goes well even for foreigners. With this good fact about Sweden, it is therefore not surprising that people seek to relocate to this country, in search of a better life.
However, there might be some kind of hitches that you may face as a non-Swede (that is a Nigerian) seeking for job employment in this European country. With the country not being that large country in terms of its population (of about 10 million people), there will certainly be more options on where to work there. This is due to the fact that the overall job market in the country is not massive as contrasted with Nigeria. If you are determined, then you can get job(s) which are relatively available and the payoff is great. To give you a guide on getting an employment in Sweden, this article will explicate to you how to get a job in Sweden as a Nigerian.
Applying For Sweden Work Visa: Things To Note
Nowadays, the process of getting a work visa is seemly impossible in most countries. The non-indigenes of the country are affected greatly by this. This has resulted to obtaining a work visa being worrisome, notwithstanding, that you have the ability or you’re a specialist /professional. However, in some cases like that of Sweden which is a country encountering lack of labour, it is possible that getting a work visa there may not be to difficult. For instance, if you are a professional and expert, with your educational backings, you might be offered a preferred job in the country.
It’s pertinent to carry out a broad research and examination to know those areas or jobs that Sweden is limited of. This is possible on the off chance that you can look for help online and some other organizations or companies involved in job listing. Professionals, for example, Mechanics, Electric/Electronic specialists, Information technologists, programmers, architects and specialists, software engineering specialists, nursing/clinical experts, plumbing professionals, development experts or building engineers are some of the works that is available in Sweden.
Furthermore, with the Swedish economy growing significantly over the years, a lot of organizations and companies in different fields are truly needing qualified experts to work for them in these areas. These organisations are hiring and you should be on the look out for jobs in these places.
How to Apply for Sweden Work Visa
Follow the guide below in order to apply and subsequently obtain a work visa in Sweden.
- First, you have apply for the job or employment (be sure the job you have applied should have be advertised on the European Job Mobility Portal EURES for a minimum of 10 days)
- You should also receive an official offer of employment from a company or organization in Sweden.
- Also, obtain an application for work visa via Sweden embassy in Nigeria.
- The following documents should be attached in your application for Sweden Work Visa:
- Two recently acquired passport sized photographs on white background.
- A valid international passport that has a validity determined by the duration of your work permit.
- The original offer of employment from a company in Sweden.
- The company employing you should also endeavor to complete an official offer of employment – Attach the completed form.
- The Photocopies of the data page of your passport including previous visas (if any).
- Original statement of trade union from Sweden obtained by your employer.
- Payment of application processing fee determined by the embassy.
After the compilation of your documents, you’re to submit them personally at the Swedish embassy in the country. The embassy in Nigeria is located at 41 T. Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro District, Abuja. The embassy will subsequently forward your application to the Swedish Migration Agency for review of the submission. The outcome of it will be communicated to you in the stated time.
How to Easily Get a Job in Sweden From Nigeria
Here some ways to easily get a job in Sweden;
Check the Availability of Your Intended Job in Sweden
The Sweden economy isn’t upheld by a wide range of enterprises, and the country is a center point for many companies, with new organizations opening each day and which result to new opportunities. Sweden is additionally a good place for professionals irrespective of their fields. Before making a plan on this, first guarantee you do broad examination of those fields that Sweden is searching for.
Use the Online Medium to Discover Job Opportunities
Actually, there are a number of resources for searching for employment opportunities in Sweden. These resources are accessed by using the online medium which is through the internet. Check out the following websites to find different employment opportunities available in the country;
- Career Jet: Here, you will find job search options for Sweden.
- Indeed: The Swedish version of the popular U.S. job search site Indeed.com.
- Arbetsformedlingen: The Swedish Public Employment Service.
- Swedish Yellow Pages: This is a search engine for Swedish companies.
- Learn 4 Good: Here, you will find many teaching opportunities and also jobs in other sectors as well.
- EURES: A very useful site for searching for job opportunities in Europe and also Sweden.
That’s the few important places to look for jobs in the country, but they are also others like Neuvoo and The Local which all do their distinct services.
There are many job options that are available in Sweden. These opportunities are even available for foreigners who are interested in the country. Among these long range of jobs, teaching English is an option in Sweden. You can resort to check out sites like: ESL Employment, Total ESL, ESL Café and Tesall for English teaching job opportunities in Sweden.
Also, if you are a professional in the finance industry, prominent site like eFinancialCareers is a great search engine for finance jobs for the country. On the whole, these places will help you to find jobs in Sweden and through which you can get a job in the country.