Multichoice Africa provides a variety of DStv packages to its clients, including Dstv Premium, DStv Compact Plus, Dstv Compact, DStv Family, and Dstv Access. These packages contain entertainment, sports, movies, and a variety of other channels.
Furthermore, these channels are organized into packages for users to choose from. Customers can choose their preferred plan from Dstv, and they can upgrade or decrease their DStv package at any time. On the whole, changing your DStv package is simple and takes only a few minutes. Let’s have a look at how it’s done.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU CHANGE YOUR DSTV PACKAGE
Before you begin the process of changing your DSTV plan, there are a few things to keep in mind:
Wait for your DSTV subscription to expire if you have one: This will prevent you from paying twice for DSTV services.
Payment via the internet: You will have to pay for your new DSTV bundle via the internet.
HOW TO CHANGE OR UPGRADE YOUR PACKAGE (2022)
Regardless of which DSTV bundle you originally purchased, you can watch as many channels as you like at any given moment. From the comfort of your own home, you may effortlessly upgrade or decrease your plan with any of these methods.
HOW TO CHANGE OR UPGRADE YOUR DSTV PACKAGE ONLINE
In Nigeria, how do you change your DStv package online?
If you want to upgrade or downgrade your Dstv online to access a new package, follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://www.dstvafrica.com/ on your mobile phone or computer browser.
- To alter your DStv package, go to the top right corner of the website and click “Login.”
- Next, enter your Dstv account password or the mobile phone number you used to register your Dstv.
- Enter the number on your DStv smart card.
- Make sure you’ve filled in all of the necessary information.
- Now, select “Login.”
- You’re almost done modifying your bundle once you’ve entered into your Dstv account online.
- You’ll be greeted by a well-organized dashboard that includes your account information.
- After that, select “Change package.”
- Now, choose whether you wish to upgrade or downgrade your Dstv account’s plan.
- “Next” should be selected.
- Your package will be replaced right away.
That’s how you may change or upgrade your Dstv package online. And switching DStv packages in Africa is actually quite simple.
HOW TO USE THE MYDSTV APP TO UPGRADE OR DOWNGRADE YOUR DSTV PACKAGE
If you want to update your Dstv package through the MyDstv app, follow these steps:
- Install the “MyDstv” app from the Google Play Store or the app store on your phone.
- To begin the upgrade or downgrade, open the DStv app.
- Please provide your cell phone number.
- On your account profile, type in your surname.
- To update your DStv package, click “Login.”
- Click View All Packages after you’ve logged in.
- When you select your current package, the “Change package now” button will disappear.
- Select “Change package now” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the bouquet to which you want to upgrade or downgrade.
- “Next” should be selected.
- Your account will show success, indicating that it has been upgraded or demoted.
All Done! That’s how you may use the MyDStv app to upgrade or downgrade your Dstv membership.
HOW TO DOWNGRADE OR UPGRADE YOUR DSTV PACKAGE USING WHATSAPP
If you want to alter your Dstv package through WhatsApp, follow the procedures below:
- Open your browser and go to https://www.dstvafrica.com/.
- Select your country from the website’s top right corner.
- In the bottom left corner of the site, click the WhatsApp icon.
- Select “Open with WhatsApp” from the drop-down menu.
- We’ll start a WhatsApp conversation with the Dstv account.
- In your message bar, you’ll see a default message that says “Hi Dstv.”
- To send the “Hi DStv” message, press enter.
- A message will appear prompting you to enter your smart card number.
- Enter the number on your Dstv smart card.
- You will now be prompted to enter your surname or phone number.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Change Package.”
- You should always reply by dialing the number associated with the option you want to use.
- Select the package for which you are upgrading or downgrading.
- To confirm, select yes.
- There you have it! Your Dstv package will be immediately upgraded or lowered.
This is how you may modify your DStv subscription via WhatsApp.
DSTV SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGES, CHANNELS, AND PRICES IN NIGERIA
In Nigeria, DSTV offers six subscription packages and two add-on packages.
The following is a comprehensive list of DSTV Nigeria packages:
DSTV Premium is a high-end package offered by DStv Nigeria.
The monthly cost of this package is approximately ₦16,200. You can also pay ₦178,200 every year as a down payment. There are 175+ channels on DSTV Premium package.
DSTV COMPACT PLUS
Dstv Compact Plus is another plan by DStv Nigeria. The monthly cost of this package is around ₦10,925. A ₦120,175 annual payment is also required for DStv Compact Plus. There are more than 155 channels on DStv Compact Plus.
With the DStv Compact, you can get 135+ channels on on the package. The monthly cost of DStv Compact is approximately ₦6,975. You can put down ₦76,725 as a deposit.
DStv Confam is a package which costs around ₦4,615 per month. A yearly payment of₦50,765 is also possible with DSTV Confam. The DStv package also includes more than 120 channels.
The monthly cost of DStv Yanga is approximately 2,565 Nairas. The annual payment option for DSTV Yanga is N 28,215. DSTV Yanga has more than 95 channels.
DStv Padi is another package. The monthly cost of DStv Padi is around ₦1,850. Moreover, the annual payment option for DSTV Padi is ₦20,350. DSTV Padi includes more than 40 channels.
DSTV FRENCH PLUS
The monthly cost of DStv French Plus is approximately N6,520. DSTV French Plus offers a total of 15 channels.
DSTV FRENCH TOUCH
Dstv French Touch has a monthly fee of ₦1,510. DSTV French Touch includes a total of ten channels. You will enjoy a lot of premium programs by this DStv package.
The monthly cost of DStv Indian is approximately ₦5,540. Moreover, DSTV Indian has a total of 15 channels.
That’s the size of this article on how to change DStv package in Nigeria. So far, we have been able to cover the different packages and channels offered by DStv with their respective prices.