Most people eat African Walnut without knowing about its health benefits. This natural fruit is just an edible single seeded stone fruit can be cooked or consumed as snacks.
African walnut is mostly found in Nigeria and some parts of Africa. In the western part of Nigeria, it is known as ausa or asala while in the southern part its called ukpa. In Cameroon its also known as ngak or kaso.
One of the health benefits of African Walnut is that it is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fiber and when compared to other nuts, it is considered “the king of nuts” due to the numerous health benefits it has.
Without much speech, let me convince you with these top 10 health benefits that will make you eat African walnuts regularly.
Top 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of African Walnut
1. Its a rich source of Vitamins and Minerals: African walnut contains vitamins such as vitamin E,B6,B7, thiamin, folate and also a rich source of magnesium and iron which is highly needed by the body daily. If you lack minerals in your body, I’ll suggest you start eating this fruit.
2. Presence of Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acid: African walnut contains omega 3 and 6 fatty acid that is very vital for the body for disease prevention, blood clotting, cell growth, and immune infection.
3. It prevents heart disease: According to a recent research carried out in USA, walnuts can prevent heart disease because it contains amino acid 1-arginine that helps persons with heart disease, lower the risk of sudden cardiac arrests and supports healthful cholesterol level. its also contains very powerful antioxidant such as flavonol morin,quinone juglone, and tannin tellimagrandin that are rare in most foods we eat, this effective antioxidant helps control heart deterioration.
4. Helpful for Brain: Like i wrote earlier, African walnut contains omega 3 fats and vitamin E which is highly needed by the brain as its supports the area of memory, enhance cognitive functions, and increase inferential reasoning in adults.
5. Helps prevent Cancer: Yes! consuming African walnuts regularly can also help prevent cancer as it contains cancer fighting properties such as phytosterols, omega 3 fatty acid, antioxidant that helps to reduce the risk of prostrate and breast cancer in humans.
6. Prevent Diabetes: preventing diabetes is one of the many health benefits of African walnuts. According to various research conducted, people that are obese and with type 2 diabetes should include walnut as an essential part of their diet as it lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
7. Improve Fertility in Men: Daily intake of African Walnut according to my recent findings, also help to improve the quality of sperm in men, including vitality, motility and morphology.
8. Good Hair Food: another health benefits of African walnut is that it aids in hair growth. African walnut is very high in vitamin, contains vitamin B7 (biotin) that helps to reduce hair fall, strengthen the hair, and improve the hair growth, so that makes it a good hair food.
9. Helps in Weight Control: Walnut is also helpful in terms of maintaining your ideal weight, as it contains proteins, fiber, omega 3 that helps provide satiety.
10. Medicinal Purpose: walnuts are also considered to be traditional herb in Chinese, as it is use to cleanse the kidneys, stop asthma, used for elderly ones to cure constipation, and finally the bark is used in tea as laxative and chewed for toothache.
There you have it, the amazing health benefits of African walnut. Hope I have been able to convince you that walnut is an essential fruit that should be taken regularly. Remember, health is wealth.