Dubai is the capital of United Arab Emirates (UAE) and is unarguably the most popular city in the country. For this reason, it has made millions of tourist and other people choose to have a visit to the city.
Getting a personal visa is what guarantees your access to the Arab country. Most people often travel to Dubai because of it has been dubbed as one of the fastest developing cities in the world, which is complemented with availability of job, tourist attraction centres, museums, beautiful amusement parks, cool beaches and with quality institutions to make the city all-inclusive developed.
Burj Khalifa, that’s the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word Dubai. It is the tallest building in the world. Every other person has one or two things that pops up in his mind anytime he/she hears the mention of the oil rich country.
One general notion about Dubai however is, it is a tourist hub. Dubai is one of those countries that had made judicious use of their oil and had transformed a desert into a lively land. If you want to go there for tourism or other reasons, read this post as it teaches you how to obtain a Dubai visa in Nigeria.
Are You Eligible?
This is the first question that should pop up anytime you think of visiting Dubai. The country is not open to all, you need to meet a requirement before thinking of visiting. So, ask yourself, am I eligible? Check the list below to know your eligibility status. If you don’t meet a minimum of one of the factors below, don’t border applying.
In this article, we provide what is required to get Visa to Dubai here in Nigeria, where to apply for the Visa, the processing time and the cost of getting the Dubai Visa from Nigeria.
Requirements and Eligibility for getting a Dubai Visa
Generally, before applying for the Dubai official stamp on your passport, there are certain criteria you have to meet before applying for the process. The most important criteria, requirements and eligibility for getting the Dubai Visa include;
- Financial record/statement (original copy of a letter from your bank which affirms that you have a bank account in Nigeria with sufficient funds to cater for your trip to Dubai).
- Alternatively, you can make a deposit of $1500 which is refundable upon your return and producing the entry and exit stamp in the UAE.
- Original account statement indicating your transaction in the last six months. A bank statement for the past 6 months would do with the bank seal and signature (or seal and signature of the company sponsoring your trip)
- You have travelled at least one in the last 2 years to the UAE, United Kingdom, Schengen countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or you hold a valid visa for any of these countries.
- The pay slip of your monthly salary with your employer’s seal and signature may also be needed.
- A security deposit of $1550 prior to your trip if your trip is being sponsored by a company or an individual.
- The Security deposit is also needed if you got an invitation by an immediate family member (spouse, child under the age of 21 or parents above 60 years of age) living in Dubai.
- A marriage certificate should be provided if the person invited is a spouse and a birth certificate in the case of invitation for children.
- International passport that is valid for more than 6 months from the date of application. The passport must be original copy.
- Copies of your passport photograph coloured. The colored passport photograph must have your full name and passport number written on the back. The passport photograph must be on a white background and sized to the specification of 4.3 cm x 5.5 cm.
- Coloured photo page and bio page
- Airline ticket.
- Students travelling without their parents are also eligible. However, they need to produce an NOC letter from their parents, photo id of their parents and their student ID card and address details of relatives in the UAE.
Required Document To Obtain Dubai Visa
After it is certain you are eligible, you can then start gathering your documents. These includes:
- Original and photocopy of your international passport valid for more than 6 months.
- 2 colored passport photograph with your full name written at the back.
- Emirates Airline confirmed ticket
- Copy of the valid CERPAC and residence permit visa (meant for Non-Nigerian indigenes)
- Other documents may be required!
Cost of Dubai Visa in Nigerian Naira (Fees for 2020)
The fee for a visa is a function of the type of visa you are applying for. The payment of visa fee is done at the visa application centre we list bellow still in this write up. It is done through the electronic receipt.
Transit Visa = N3,700
Transit Visa is for visitors having business meetings or taking stopovers through their onward journey. This Visa which can take up to 3 – 4 working days to process, when issued is valid for 30 days. It has a duration of use for 48 hours or a period of less than 2 days.
Service Visa = N33,000
This type of visa is granted to individuals who have a task to do in the country. It’s always a job they want to do in the United Arab Emirates. This visa does not exclude allows applicants to take their family along in the journey to Dubai (UAE). Usually, it takes 3 – 4 working days to process the application and when issued lasts for 14 days.
Tourist Visa = N33,000
Tourists going to the United Arab Emirates apply for this type of visa to cover their stay in the country to visit attraction sites, parks and the sand beaches.
The tourist Visa lasts for 30 (thirty) days and upon expiry, there is no form of extension. The Visa is valid for 58 days from the date of issue.
Visit Visa = N68,000
If you are visiting a relative, friends who are in Dubai or for business, this type of visa is applicable for you.
With it, you will be allowed to stay for a duration of 3 (three) months. The Visa takes 3 – 4 working days to process after applying for the process. Also note that the visit visa is non-extendable.
How to Apply for a Dubai Visa in Nigeria
There are many ways to complete your application for the Dubai official stamp on your passport which is the Visa. One of such is the Online application process, this type of application by UAE visa services would have been the right choice but sadly it’s limited to few countries with Nigeria on the list of the unfavoured.
You can also take a go to the UAE embassy in Abuja. When submitting your application, you would be asked to submit lots of documents which I earlier listed and may be subject to other important required documents.
Another way of applying for the Dubai official visa is to work with a genuine travel agent and they will sort the registration process out for you.
Alternatively, download the Dubai visa application form online and correctly fill up the form carefully, providing accurate information. Take into cognizance that your passport photograph should be attached to the application and should be of the specified dimensions (4.3cm x 5.5cm) fully embossed in a white background.
The Dubai visa application form (Download here: web.archive.org/web/20140801205544/http://dubaivisa.net:80/nigeria/pdf/English_VAF_Nigeria.pdf )
After completing the application form and attach the required documents, visit the application center for Dubai visas located at Block 94, plot 23, Providence Street, Lekki – Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos and submit you application for a original Dubai official stamp on your passport.
Where to get Dubai Visa in Nigeria
The forms for application for Dubai visas in Nigeria can be obtained from the Application centre which is located in two cities in the country; Lagos and Abuja the federal capital territory. Here is the centres and contact address to proceed your application for a Dubai visa in Nigeria:
Dubai Visa Application Center, Lagos
Address: Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria.
Dubai Visa Application Center, Abuja
Address: United Arab Emirates Embassy. No 2, Columbia Close Office, Colorado Street, Minister’s Hill, Maitama, Abuja.
Telephone: + 234-9875-0270
Email: [email protected]
In conclusion, Dubai Visa fees is affordable and a Nigerian applying has a greater chance of being granted the Visa because the country (Dubai) leverage their visa to accommodate more Nigeria nationals than some other countries.
You will definitely make payments after doing that, you can now go home and wait to 3-4 working days for your visa to be processed. You can track the status of your visa Here.