Often times, the diesel generators are preferred because of some factors like low fuel consumption and durability. The situation is very prominent in Nigeria where a lot of big houses now use this type of generators. Basically, this kind of generator is the combination of a diesel engine with an electric generator to generate electrical energy. And as such, it uses diesel fuel which powers for a long run compared to petrol. The country’s market today has a lot of diesel generators that are available in distinct brands. In this article, we will look at the current prices of these generators in Nigeria.
About Diesel Generators
Before seeing the prices of this kind of generators in Nigeria, let’s quickly peek at what you should know about these diesel generators. On the basis, a diesel generator as the name implies, uses the diesel fuel in running the engines. This is a specific case of engine-generator and the diesel compression-ignition engine is usually designed to run on diesel fuel in working and supplying the needed capacity of current.
Two different types of diesel engine generators are available, and they include; small portable and larger industrial generators. Small portable diesel generators range from lower power capacity of 1 KVA to 10 KVA. While the more elevated or large industrial generators range from 8 KVA – 30KVA for homes, small shops and offices. Some of these machines may not be suitable for all applications, since most big office complexes, factories and power stations require 2000 KVA. In this case, you will have to go for a colossal diesel generator that is capable of doing the job.
Furthermore, diesel generators come in two kinds which includes the open frame and close frame. The latter is also known as silent generators and it is mostly used for residential purposes. On the whole, large diesel engine generators can be used for heavy loads that require much power supply. This includes pumps, dryers and whole home heating and air conditioners.
The Pros and Cons of Diesel Generators
Here are some things you will admire about diesel generators:
- Truth be told that cost of maintenance for diesel generators is comparatively cheaper when compared to petrol generators.
- Normally, diesel run on for a long time more than petrol. If you use this fuel in power generators you can save a good amount of your operating costs due to the fact that diesel produces more power supply at a comparable amount of capacity.
- Diesel generators has an adequate power supply. Through this, you can facilitate a 15KW-200KW production range of this kind of generators.
- There is absent of spikes and sags while the diesel generator m make nonstop electricity flow.
- Also as we’ve emphasized on this about this kind of generators, the burning up of diesel engines is lower than other generators. On a normal circumstance, a diesel generator can run for the long hours of work because it can take advantage of the air cooled and water engines to cool down rapidly.
After knowing the pros of diesel generators, let’s now take a gander at the things you might not like about this kind of generators:
- In terms of sound and noise produced, the unavoidable truth is that diesel powered generators are louder when compared with petrol generators.
- Igniting a diesel engine may not be easy to start especially on a cold weather, as compared to gas engine.
- This kind of generators are usually used in manufacturing applications. This is due to the fact that it can emit risky amounts of harmful smoke during exhaustion. The way the machine produces a higher smoke compared to any other fuel generator makes it to be less used in homes.
- The initial cost of setting up diesel generators may be more elevated. In this case, this generators may require larger store of fuel.
That’s it on the advantages and some disadvantages of diesel powered generators. The features about the machine can certainly make you think of getting one of them. In order to give you a picture of how much this generator goes for in the market, we will highlight the current prices of diesel generators in Nigeria this 2023.
Prices of Diesel Generators in Nigeria (2023)
There are some prominent brands which deal on this kind of generators. It includes well-known producers like: Firman, Elemax, Lutian, Kipor, Sumec Firman and others. The capacity of diesel generators start from as low as 3kVA to the highest which can exceed 30kVA. The price range of these generators are quite affordable; and it falls in the region of N300,000 to the highest in millions. Nevertheless, we have come up with the full price list of these generators, so as to be more explicit on this.
Below is the price list which also includes the brands, capacity and price range of prominent Diesel Generators in the country today:
- Firman – Diesel Soundproof Generator – SDG 7000SE 5KVA costs ₦350,000 – ₦410,000
- Sumec Firman – Diesel Soundproof Generator 5KVA costs ₦372,210 – ₦450,000
- Kipor – Diesel Generator – KDE7000T 5.0KVA costs ₦390,000 – ₦500,000
- Firman – Diesel Generator – SDG15FS 15KVA costs ₦1,900,000 – ₦2,730,000
- Elemax – Diesel Generator – SHT25D – 3 PHASE costs 20KVA costs ₦3,350,000 – ₦3,685,000
- Lutian – Super Silent Diesel Generator – 5GF-LDEX 4.8KVA costs ₦429,000 – ₦490,000
- Elemax – Diesel Generator – SH15D 14KVA costs ₦2,900,000 – ₦3,305,000
- Kipor – Diesel Generator – KDE23S3 3 PHASE 19.5KVA costs ₦2,620,000 – ₦2,882,000
- Elemax – Diesel Generator – SHT25D – 3 Phase 20KVA costs ₦3,000,000 – ₦3,600,000
Choosing a diesel generator may be afterward rewarding due to the good features about these machines. Here is a rundown of why you should settle for a diesel generator. The first thing here is that this kind of generator has a low long-term cost – which means that the savings in fuel and maintenance are less. This connotes that you won’t have to spend much on fuel and maintenance of the equipment. For this reason, most commercial generators users opt for portable diesel generators to go for a long run.
In terms of Stability and performance, diesel generators tend to have more stability and better performance as the engines are made for this and to also exhibit high performance for a long time. Moreover, most diesel generators are least flammable when compared to petrol, gas and other fuels generator types.
A good number of modern diesel generators have less noise. All these makes diesel generators to be used in mining, telecommunications, marine, agriculture applications, hospitals, industrial plants and commercial buildings. You can now see why diesel generators are very much appreciated in the country. From this guide, you can get the best deal of this kind of generator. That’s the size of this write-up.