The cost of fumigating a house in Nigeria isn’t as expensive as one might think. Before you contact a fumigation company, you should be aware of the amount of money and type of service you are going to pay for. The importance of fumigating a house can’t be underestimated. Cockroaches, ants, and termites are just a few of the bug species that can take up residence in a home and become tough to exterminate. This has made fumigation to be of great importance. Although the expenses of fumigation vary, it is one means of removing these unpleasant bugs from the home. We shall discuss the current cost of fumigating a house in the country throughout this article.
COST OF HOUSE FUMIGATION: THINGS TO KNOW
Looking at how much it costs to to fumigate a house, it’s obvious that the rate is relative with other things. This is in the sense that the pricing from various companies will certainly vary.
In Nigeria, the cost of fumigation is usually not predetermined. The fumigation provider will charge you for their work based on a variety of criteria. The magnitude of the residence is one of these factors. The more rooms in a house, the more money it costs to fumigate them all. For example, the cost of fumigation for a one-bedroom apartment is lower than for larger spaces. Another element to think about is the sort of space.
Let’s look at what is the estimated price range of fumigating a house ianywhere in Nigeria. The cost of fumigating a house will undoubtedly differ from the cost of fumigating an office space.
WHAT’S THE FUMIGATION COST IN NIGERIA (2022)
The cost of fumigation varies depending on the company, the pest involved and on the size of the room to disinfect. Fumigating a one-bedroom residence typically costs between ₦10,000 and ₦20,000, while to disinfect a two-bedroom residence might run from ₦20,000 to ₦50,000 respectively.
FACTORS INFLUENCING COST OF FUMIGATION
Let’s now take a gander at the variables that influence the cost of fumigating a house in Nigeria. They include the following:
- Size of the house: The size of the room has a significant impact on the cost of fumigation. Only once the correct concentrations of lethal gases are utilized in fumigation are they effective. If your home is greater, you will need more gas, which will charge you extra money.
- The kind of insect: Also, the sort of pest you’re trying to get rid of can also affect the cost of fumigating your house. For example, fumigate a serious termite infestation far more than a light cockroach or ant infestation.
That’s the basic contributing factors to the cost of fumigation in anywhere in the country. However, there are other factors that influence the cost fumigation companies charge.
PLANNING FOR A FUMIGATION
Fumigating a home or a house isn’t something you do on the spur of the moment; it takes time and effort. A competent fumigation firm will be able to give you with a to-do list. Also, you’ll need a somewhere to stay while your house is just being fumigated, so make preparations for temporary housing.
First before you can reclaim your home, the fumigation process may take three days and two nights.
HOW TO FIND A RELIABLE FUMIGATION SERVICE COMPANY IN NIGERIA
Here are six suggestions for finding a reputable fumigation company:
- Customer base: A large clientele base frequently indicates either economy or effectiveness for a fumigation service.
- Competence: A fumigation company’s expertise may differ considerably on whether they specialize in office space fumigation or residential fumigation. When picking which fumigation services to utilize, keep this in mind.
- Reliability and cost: The cost of fumigation in Nigeria varies from business to business. Take into account your budget before selecting a fumigation business. Because there are so many fumigation businesses in Lagos, the cost of fumigation is relatively low.
- Previous client referrals or reviews: It’s easy to trust remarks from people who have been using a fumigation firm beforehand. Also, if the organization has a web presence, look out their client evaluations and comments.
- Keep in mind the fumigation firm is properly licensed and insured. This demonstrates a high level of competence and provides you with a sense of security. Hire a registered fumigation business instead of one that isn’t. However if the price appears to be lower than other fumigation businesses, do not risk your wellbeing.
- Inspect the chemicals that will be used: If you do have extremely sensitive skin or are allergic to certain chemicals, make sure you check before fumigation.
PEST CONTROL SERVICES
The principal motivation you need think about fumigation expense is for pest control. It is the act of eradicating and eliminating all animal pests in a specific area. Rats, mice, cockroaches, and house flies are examples of pests. And from the other side, fumigation is indeed one of the insect control approaches. It is advised that a person fumigates his or her home at least once a year. Because Nigeria is a tropical country, many Nigerians have to deal with pests, necessitating the need of pest control services.
Fortunately, fumigation services have become more widely available. Depending on the fumigation firm, there are a variety of packages to choose from. The costs of these bundles vary. You might have a cockroach endemic and decide to treat solely that. It is possible that the cost will be less than that of a rat-infested home. Other times, general fumigation can be done in the home, and the fee for this varies.
Remediation is crucial for a variety of reasons, including health. Pests and rats roaming around the house in the sight of guests is also extremely upsetting. People frequently try to get rid of bugs on their own by purchasing various poisons and setting traps. However, this is not a long-term solution to pest control. Using pest control services is the best option.
Basically, the use of toxic gas to eliminate pests in enclosed environments such as homes is known as fumigation. During fumigation, the house or other location to be fumigated would either be shut off and then totally covered with a tent. That’s the size of this article as we have been able to highlight the cost of fumigation in Nigeria.