Do you have any immediate plans to construct a swimming pool? You need to adequately prepare for this investment because it is truly rather large. Simply put, swimming pool construction is constructing a pool where one is needed or requested. Builders of swimming pools do this. Depending upon the nature and size of pool you want to install, construction costs for swimming pools might be very high. In Nigeria, building a swimming pool for a business is quite profitable. This is the reason we came up with this post on how much it will cost to build a pool everywhere in the country.
TYPES OF SWIMMING POOLS AND THEIR CONSTRUCTION COST IN NIGERIA
In Nigeria, swimming pools are typically one of four forms. The notable pool kinds and their various prices are listed below.
- Acrylic Pool cost over ₦10,000,000 – ₦50,000,000 to construct
- Concrete Pool cost over ₦2,000,000 – ₦10,000,000 to construct
- Fiberglass Pool cost over ₦1,500,000 – ₦4,000,000 to construct
- Vinyl-lined Pool cost over ₦1,000,000 – ₦2,500,000 to construct
Let’s explore these swimming pools in more depth.
The most recent swimming pool construction technology is used in this new form of pool. Clear acrylic panels are used to construct the pool’s floor and occasionally its walls. Typically, this is stunning and incredibly elegant. It can be constructed so that the see-through allows you to see uncommon objects, such as deep-sea creatures, or even the floor at the extension of a tall building. Many individuals travel outside of Nigeria to witness this.
The acrylic panel is four times stronger than concrete and has a shiny appearance. Additionally, it doesn’t break like glass.
You should set up money for your pool as acrylic ones are pricey. Due to its exceptional strength and beauty, acrylic panels are somewhat expensive on their own. This is why individuals utilize it to construct pools in locations that seem hazardous in order to provide their consumers with a memorable experience. It doesn’t always have to be anything pricey. It may be a straightforward swimming pool in a lovely home. The pool made of acrylic lasts the longest.
The walls of the concrete pools are entirely made of concrete. They are the most typical kind in Nigeria and can be built on any sort of terrain, making them quite robust. They may also be constructed above or below ground. The majority of the supplies required to construct the concrete pool may be found locally.
The construction of the concrete swimming pool takes at least two months. As far as you stay within the parameters of physics, you are free to construct it anyway you like. The installation of the concrete pool will cost between ₦2,000,000 and ₦10,000,000. It may endure forever.
This kind of pool is constructed of fiberglass, a reinforced plastic. It can be either carried to the chosen area after being formed outdoors or formed on the site where the pool will be.
It cannot take on every shape or design due to the restrictions on the patterns that can be molded. Additionally, it is not as sturdy as the concrete pool. It can be bent by ground movement, hence it is best installed in the ground on a firm piece of ground.
Due to the dearth of fiberglass manufacturing companies in Nigeria, fiberglass pools are not particularly common. Nigeria’s distinct topography and soil types deter people from settling there as well. Its construction and installation cost roughly ₦3,000,000 depending on size. Fiberglass has a lifespan of 10–20 years.
These are prefabricated swimming pools constructed of rubber or steel panels. The walls are lined with vinyl, and it can be built on level ground or above ground. The vinyl pool is most suitable for occasional use. It can be taken apart and put back together in a different place. It has a 10-15 year lifespan. If you wish to construct this type of pool, you should have roughly ₦2,000,000.
COST OF HIRING A SWIMMING POOL BUILDER
The type of pool builder you choose will have a significant impact on the price of the pool. You would be required to pay the pool builder for the time they spent building the pool. Most of the time, they add their own fee to the cost of the entire building. This implies that all you have to do is pay them and receive the pool you want. In the alternative, you would receive a list of the supplies required to create the swimming pool. You must purchase that and pay their fee in addition. Depending on the type of pool you desire, the swimming pool constructor charge ranges from ₦200,000 to ₦2,000,000.
However, before making the decision to create a pool, you should get advice from a competent pool builder. They are equipped with the knowledge needed to choose a design that will fit your budget and environment. You can choose to follow your desires and incur significant financial loss.
LIFETIME COST OF A SWIMMING POOL
It is common knowledge that building a swimming pool is expensive. The price of keeping the swimming pool maintained is something you might not have thought about. The swimming pool must have clean water in it; it is not like a river. This implies that maintaining the pool’s functionality would cost money. This brings up the question of what a swimming pool will ultimately cost. It is the price of upkeep for the duration of swimming in the pool. This can be determined using the amount you spend each week to maintain the cleanliness of the water and the money you occasionally spend cleaning the pool wall.
Although a lot of people don’t think about it, you must be able to use it when necessary. You should think about your ability to sustain this pool over the long term. The owners of commercial swimming pools need to determine if they can generate enough revenue to pay for pool upkeep and turn a profit. This is why it’s crucial to consider a swimming pool’s lifetime cost.
FACTORS THAT AFFECT THE LIFETIME COST OF A SWIMMING POOL
- Cleaning maintenance: This is the price of maintaining a pool to keep the bacteria that contaminate water under control. A typical pool needs cleaning chemicals added every week to keep the water clear. To make sure that the chemicals are dispersed throughout the water, a cleaning pump that runs for around 8 hours a day is also required. This includes paying for the pump’s electricity, the cleaning chemical, and hiring someone to keep an eye on and supervise pool activities. All of these expenses are for only cleaning the water.
- Wall upkeep: Your pool’s wall, no matter what material it’s constructed of, needs to be cleaned. Depending on how frequently the pool is used, it may be done regularly, twice monthly, or every four months. As the cleaning chemical for each type of wall is unique and costs differently, this would also cost you money.
It’s good to know that you can put this in the contract with the cleaning maintenance contractor you choose. This also entails fixing any pool wall damage brought on by repeated use.
HOW TO REDUCE THE COST OF BUILDING A SWIMMING POOL
- Bargain: You may always haggle with the pool builders about the price they are charging you. If you negotiate well, you can significantly lower the cost of building a swimming pool.
- Use a specialist: Look for a seasoned pool builder to prevent paying twice the price.
A durable pool will be yours, and maintenance costs won’t be prohibitive.
- Save on transportation costs by hiring a pool builder in your community. This suggests that if you live in Lagos, you should choose a pool builder there.
- Pick a less complex design: Avoid picking a design that will be excessively expensive. Why not stick with something within your means if you lack the funds?
In summary, you should be aware that installing a swimming pool for a business requires a significant financial commitment. Even though it would be expensive, it eventually pays off.
People will travel from anywhere in the nation to use a pool of excellent caliber. To minimize additional maintenance costs, you might just elect to create something movable inside your home. Building a commercial swimming pool, however, will require more money. This is unimportant since this article will teach you all you need to know about installing a swimming pool. You might be one of the first Nigerians to capture the commercial pool industry. You may decide to construct one in your home for recreation in the interim. You can create a long-lasting swimming pool in your home, so don’t worry.