The shipping industry in Lagos is one that has added real economic value to the growth and GDP of Nigeria as a country. No wonder, the business of shipping companies operating in Lagos state is known to be a profitable one.
Just in September 2018, the country’s import surge reached a massive NGN 943.6 billion. A whooping 88 percent went to manufactured goods, leaving the remaining 12 percent to raw materials. This amount compared to our exports shows we are an economic power-house based on importation.
Nigeria trades with other countries with China being our favorite partner based on amount spent, followed by India, then Germany and United Kingdom. Others includes the Netherlands, France and South Africa.
Looking at the amount spent on importation, one can reach a conclusion – shipping companies are making real profits in Nigeria.
However, not all licensed shipping companies operating in Nigeria are equal. Some are better in terms of service delivery, cost and the arrays of services they offer compared to others.
This article will discuss the 10 best shipping companies in Lagos that are dully registered and their contact details.
It’s important to note that the list presented is not by any means recommending any of these operators. To do business with any of these companies, do you own background check first. Also note that the list is not in any other.
Balaguer Limited is a fully indigenous shipping private limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria with its registered offices at Port Harcourt. The company also maintains its corporate headquarters at Apapa Lagos.
The company is licensed by the Nigeria Maritime Authority (NMA), Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) and Nigeria Customs Service.
Among other services, Balaguer Limited provides Off–Shore logistics support as well as custom brokery. According to the information provided on their website, their service cut across airports and seaports.
Admiral Marine Shipping Nigeria Limited
Admiral Marine Shipping Nigeria Limited is one of the top shipping companies in Lagos, Nigeria.
This company is into cargoes, freight services, consultancy, clearing and forwarding etc. The company is licensed by the relevant agencies.
The company’s office is located at at 29 Burma Road Nasco House 2nd Fl, Apapa, Lagos.
Ayolas Cargo & General Services
Ayolas Cargo & General Services is a top shipping company mainly into the importation of computer accessories, computer hardware, manufacturing and offering computer, laptop, mobile phones.
They also among other things, offer shipping and freight services among others.
This company is located on 129, Agege Motor Road, Alakija, Idi-Oro, Lagos.
Cloverleaf Shipping Limited
Cloverleaf is a shipping company that offers shipping of goods and services from Nigeria to the UK.
The company have affiliations with international shipping companies and have been in the maritime industry for many years.
Cloverleaf Shipping Limited is located at 1 Warehouse, Apapa, Lagos.
Antwerp Shipping Nigeria Limited
Antwerp Shipping Nigeria Limited is one of the best shipping companies operating in Nigeria.
This company offers shipping services ranging from shipping of goods and cargoes to other shipping services.
Their office address is located at Apapa, Lagos.
Tiger Shipping is located at 9, Wharf Road, Apapa, Lagos State. This shipping firm is one of the top shipping companies licensed to operate in Lagos state.
Tiger Shipping offers fleet of vessels designed to carry liquid bulk products, vessel charter services, tanker tonnages for bunkering, coastal trade in petroleum products and crude oil lifting.
Air Sea Freighter Limited
Air sea Freighter Limited is a shipping company incorporated in 1992. However, it wasn’t until 1998 before they started operations.
Their services include Shipping, Freighting (Clearning and Forwarding) Transportation and Consultancy amongst others.
Air Sea Freighter Limited is located at No. 213, Aba Road, Opp. Shell RA, Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt.
Alan Caray Technical Ltd
With over 10 years of experience in the industry, Alan Caray Technical Ltd is a force to reckon with when it comes to shipping in Nigeria.
This company has it office located at Apapa, Lagos State.
Antonio Assaf & Sons (Nig.) Limited
Antonio Assaf & Sons (Nig.) Limited is one of the leading players in the shipping industry in the country.
Since its establishment, it has grown to be some importers saviors. Just like many of the other shipping companies, it office is located in Apapa, Lagos.
Comet Shipping Agencies Nigeria Limited
Comet Shipping Agencies Nigeria Limited offer first class shipping services and always deliver fast and are also located in Apapa, Lagos.